Updated: February 21, 2023
The mission of the Chicago Biomedical Consortium (CBC) is to stimulate collaboration among scientists at Northwestern University, The University of Chicago, the University of Illinois Chicago and other Chicagoland institutions to accelerate discovery and expand the Chicago based life sciences ecosystem in order to transform life science research into biomedical applications, create inclusive Chicagoland opportunities, and improve the health of humankind. The CBC will:
- Work towards an inclusive and equitable Chicagoland life sciences landscape of institutions and industry that works for all citizens of Chicago,
- Expand collaborations to build a “One Chicago” life sciences ecosystem that is a destination for visionary biotech companies and talent,
- Provide faculty and trainees developing therapeutics the critical centralized analytics, industry validation, and networks of expertise needed for translation,
- Mentor and develop a strong cadre of biomedical leaders, researchers, and entrepreneurs in Chicago,
- Facilitate development of therapeutics that will, over the long term, improve the health of citizens of Chicago and beyond.