The CBC Neuroscience Affinity Group is a new funding initiative that supports and accelerates high-risk/high-reward neuroscience research across multiple Chicago institutions. Based on Team Science concepts, the Affinity Groups will engender novel collaborative research proposals that will be funded for up to $250,000 for joint personnel.
The process will include a series of in-person and zoom format meetings, coupled with shepherding and workshopping to potentially yield full-fledged ideas that will be supported by funding a postdoc.
|Mon, April 17th
- Presentation of the neuroscience group
- Explanation of process
- Gather interest across the neuroscience field to cover different levels of neurobiological functions
- Discuss and prioritize key scientific questions
- Call for proposals that will be reviewed
|Tues, May 30th
online submission deadline
- Consolidate groups formation and categorization
- Deadline for team registration submission online
|Mon, June 5th
Virtual via Zoom
- Speaker Series - shepherd ideas and community feedback
- Triage via upvoting
|Tues, June 20th
- Presentation of developed ideas (15 min pitch)
- Entire community votes to prioritize top 2/3 proposals
- All projects continue to be workshopped
- Grant for 2 selected projects ($250,000/2years to fund joint postdoc and their experiments)
Thank you for your interest in the CBC Neuroscience Affinity Group. Participate in a series of IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS starting April 17, 2023. If you are a neuroscience researcher (faculty or post doc), you are welcome to attend by completing the registration form below. Fields marked with *are required.
A Zoom link for virtual access and the location of where in-person meetings are scheduled to be held will be sent closer to the meeting date.
Do you come from an underrepresented minority group?
Please check the box below to confirm that this is a legitimate webform submission. *
NOTE: The form submission is NOT completed until you press the SUBMIT button below AND receive a submission confirmation email from the CBC.